What Makes NWYC Different?
Largest Non-partisan Membership Organization of Small Businesses in America
National Write Your Congressman was founded in 1958 to help business owners stay informed about relevant issues in government. We provided these citizen leaders with summaries of the U.S. Congressional record, collected their opinions with simple ballots, and enabled them to mail their personalized feedback to their respective elected officials. Today, this one-of-a-kind organization uses its nationwide sales force to connect with small business owners in their communities.
NWYC, with headquarters outside Dallas, Texas, has more than 250 sales representatives on the ground in local communities across the U.S. who visit, educate and connect with small businesses in their communities. Our sales reps do not have to re-locate to succeed and reach their highest potential. We work in all 50 states and support our sales representatives where they live.
What We Sell
We call on small business owners to sell a renewable membership service which provides:
- Weekly communication via email with comprehensive research highlighting major pending legislation at both the federal and state levels
- Opportunities to directly communicate with local, state and elected officials to voice their opinions
- eVoter reports documenting how members of Congress voted on major issues of the prior week
- Legislative updates that provide an “inside” look at pending legislation
- Unlimited access to NWYC’s Research Center for additional research on any legislation or regulation
- Unlimited use of our proprietary mobile app for monitoring and communicating with elected officials
- An annual progress report on the impact of constituent pressure
Purpose & Beliefs
National Write Your Congressman is rooted in foundations of faith, family and country. We are committed to the future of our country, and serving small business owners across the nation by informing them on relevant governmental issues that affect their business outcomes.
Through our non-profit organization, Student Government Affairs Program (SGAP), NWYC members support the development and distribution civics and government educational materials to more than 200,000 students and 2,000 teachers in 2,500 schools annually.
Click below to see a short video on the importance of our work.